Intro To Filmmaking
Instructor: Rickey Bird (Hectic Films)
Cost: $20/Session or $120 for full course (includes free entry to “Border Brothers” premiere and a copy of the book “Cheap Movie Tricks”)
Location: No Image Photography – 4040 Easton Dr. #8, Bakersfield, CA 93309
Rickey Bird of Hectic Films, and author of Cheap Movie Tricks – How to Shoot a Short Film For Under $2,000, will be walking us through the process of creating a short film from start to finish.
This course will be a series of 6 weekly session going over the basics of script writing, filming, practical effects, editing and distribution. The course will conclude with a screening of all films made. The goal of this course is to encourage filmmaking through education and to promote collaboration and support for local filmmakers.
Recommended Materials (Not required to complete course)
- Notepad for taking notes
- Celtx account for script writing
- A camera or device that can record digital video
- Editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Windows Movie Maker, iMovie etc. (Adobe Premiere recommended)
- Ideas, patience and a desire to learn.
Spring Quarter 2017
Click on one of the event links below for ticket information.
- Introduction – Thursday 3/23/17 @6-8pm
- Session 2 – Thursday 3/30/17 @6-8pm
- Session 3 – Thursday 4/6/17 @6-8pm
- Session 4 – Thursday 4/13/17 @6-8pm
- Hectic Films Movie Premiere “Border Brothers” – Thursday 4/20/17 @6-11pm
- Session 5 – Thursday 4/27/17 @6-8pm
- Session 6 – Thursday 5/4/17 @6-8pm
- Student Film Screening (TBA)
This page was last updated on May 3, 2017 | Originally published on November 19, 2014